My favorite story so far. An animal shelter posted something along the lines of “if you are an adult and don’t want people to know you are playing pokemon, we will rent our shelter dogs to you for $5 an hour so it looks like you are walking your dog.” Haha, right? Here are some of the results so far:
1) They now have a waiting list of people who want to PAY FOR THE PRIVELAGE OF WALKING A DOG.
2) They have made so much money in “rental fees” that they have waived adoption fees
3) When the people renting the dogs are out walking, the post pictures of themselves playing the game on FB and Instagram. People are then coming to the shelter asking to adopt specific dogs.
4) On at least two occasions, people have called the shelter and said “Hey, i didn’t think I wanted a dog. But me and THIS dog get along REALLY well. I’m not bringing him back”.
5) The shelter currently has no dogs avaliable to rent, and there is a waiting list. Because all of the dogs have been adopted!! They are currently bringing dogs in from a different shelter to be “rented”